BAKU, Azerbaijan, Feb. 14
By Elchin Mehdiyev – Development:
The working group of the Azerbaijani parliament on Azerbaijan-US inter-parliamentary relations made an announcement, Development experiences referring to the Azerbaijani parliament.
The assertion was made in reference to a letter that some members of the US Senate addressed to US President Joseph Biden on February 9, 2021.
The senators who signed the letter criticized Turkey for supporting Azerbaijan, because the nation ensured its territorial integrity and resolved the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh battle based mostly on the ideas and norms of worldwide legislation.
On this regard, the assertion of the Working Group of the Azerbaijani parliament on the Azerbaijan-US inter-parliamentary relations says:
“The letter addressed to President Biden by some members of the US Senate on February 9, 2021, precipitated our nice shock and remorse. On this regard, as members of the Working Group on the Azerbaijan-US inter-parliamentary relations, we state the next:
– A lot of the US senators who signed this letter have by no means referred to as on Armenia to finish the occupation of the internationally acknowledged territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan which lasted for 30 years;
– A lot of the US senators have by no means expressed concern about Armenia’s coverage of ethnic cleaning towards the Azerbaijani individuals, the expulsion of a whole lot of hundreds of Azerbaijani individuals from their native lands, gross violation of human rights, the destruction and plundering of villages, cities, the traditional and wealthy cultural heritage of the Azerbaijani individuals throughout the occupation;
– Many US senators didn’t condemn the quite a few massacres dedicated by Armenia towards the Azerbaijani individuals, Armenia’s struggle crimes, particularly the Khojaly genocide, the twenty ninth anniversary of which we’ll mark quickly;
– The necessities to respect the territorial integrity, sovereignty and inviolability of the Azerbaijani borders and to finish the Armenian occupation have been outlined within the UN Safety Council’s resolutions 822, 853, 874, 884 and Washington additionally voted for all these resolutions;
– In accordance with the norms and ideas of worldwide legislation, the Republic of Azerbaijan liberated its lands from occupation because of the 44-day Nagorno-Karabakh struggle, thereby making certain the implementation of well-known UN Safety Council’s resolutions;
– The peacekeeping operation, launched in response to Armenia’s one other navy aggression, was carried out fully inside the internationally acknowledged borders of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
– It’s unacceptable for the US senators accountable Azerbaijan for the settlement of the battle, which has restored its territorial integrity;
– Such statements don’t serve peace and safety within the South Caucasus area, however can push the present radical and revanchist forces in Armenia to the brand new escalation of the scenario;
– It’s unfair to criticize Turkey for its political and ethical help for Azerbaijan’s simply wrestle, based mostly on the norms and ideas of worldwide legislation;
– The rising politicization of human rights causes nice concern;
– Senators’ makes an attempt to intervene within the inside affairs of a sovereign nation equivalent to Turkey are unacceptable;
– Though the protesters who illegally entered the US Congress have been named “terrorists”, there’s a bias perspective based mostly on help for the motion that attempted to overthrow the democratically elected authorities in Turkey on July 15, 2016, and makes an attempt to make its representatives out to be “human rights defenders”;
– The makes an attempt to accuse Turkey, by which varied ethnic teams have lived in peace and tranquility all through historical past and which used its proper to self-defense to forestall quite a few threats in its area, fought towards terrorism inside and outdoors the nation, of confrontation with any ethnic group are doomed to failure.
– We recognize Turkey’s stabilizing position within the South Caucasus and its exercise geared toward peace and financial growth within the area.
– We name on the US Senate to help and contribute to the efforts of Azerbaijan and Turkey to ascertain lasting peace and stability within the South Caucasus,” the assertion mentioned.