Granada face their hardest Europa League take a look at but as they welcome Manchester United to Nuevo Los Carmenes within the first leg of their 2020-21 UEFA Europa League Quarter Ultimate.
This matches represents Granada’s hardest take a look at of their European high quality as they face Man Utd for the very first time.
Embed from Getty Pictures
Dimitri Foulquier is amongst six gamers dominated out for Granada as he recovers from a hamstring damage.
Luis Suarez, Luis Milla (each hamstring), Alberto Soro (knee), Neyder Lozano (cranium) and Pepe Sanchez (knock) are additionally set to overlook out.
Man Utd might be with out Marcus Rashford after the England worldwide suffered a knock in Sunday’s comeback 2-1 win over Brighton.
Juan Mata might return after recovering from an unspecified damage in latest weeks however Eric Bailly (Coronavirus), Anthony Martial and Phil Jones (each knee) stay absent.
- That is Granada’s first-ever assembly towards Manchester United.
- Granada have by no means met English opposition earlier than in all competitions, however have misplaced simply one in all six dwelling matches in Europa League this season (W4, D1, L1).
- 5 of Man Utd’s six Europa League targets this season have come from midfield, with Bruno Fernandes scoring twice while Daniel James, Amad Diallo and Paul Pogba scored as soon as every.
- Granada have scored twice in 4 of their six dwelling video games on this season’s Europa League (W4, D1, L1), with Jorge Molina the one participant to attain twice at dwelling.
- Man Utd have misplaced three of their final 5 ‘away’ matches towards Spanish opposition (W1, D1, L3).
Granada enter this recreation off the again of consecutive home defeats however have been troublesome to beat at dwelling in European competitors this season with their strong hard-working 4-4-2 formation.
Having thrashed Actual Sociedad of their final ‘away’ recreation towards Spanish opposition – albeit on impartial soil, Man Utd can be hoping that they’ll recreate that magic after a droop in high quality performances which was evident of their scrappy comeback win over Brighton on Sunday.
On that be aware, this might very nicely be a tricky contest but when Utd can deliver their greater high quality right here and play their prime recreation, I feel this can be a cushty consequence given Granada’s lack of expertise at this stage of knockout competitions in Europe.
Prediction: Granada 0-2 Manchester United