Advances Its Silicon Supplies for Batteries Improvement Program
- Apollon Photo voltaic produces first batch of carbon coated nano silicon powders.
- HPQ Silicon is growing a portfolio of silicon–based mostly merchandise utilizing proprietary revolutionary low price and scalable processes. The goal goal is to supply excessive worth speciality Silicon merchandise wanted by batteries and electrical car manufactures.
MONTREAL, Nov. 19, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Modern silicon options supplier HPQ Silicon Sources Inc. (“HPQ” or “the Firm”) (TSX-V: HPQ; FWB: UGE;
Different OTC : URAGF), is happy to announce that, along with manufacturing samples of porous Silicon nanopowders of various sizes (2 nm to 1 µm) and pore buildings (Microporous (<5nm), Mesoporous (5nm – 50nm) or Macroporous (>50nm)), HPQ Silicon R&D consortium member Apollon Photo voltaic of France has additionally commenced analysis of various carbon encapsulating processes for Silicon nanopowders. As a part of this HPQ – led effort, Apollon has delivered a primary batch of carbon coated nano silicon powders to Professor Lionel Roué staff on the Institut Nationwide de la Recherche Scientifique (INRS) for analysis. Different batches of silicon supplies (coated and non-coated) are being ready and can be despatched the INRS for evaluations over the approaching weeks.
ACCELERATINGR&D ON NANO SILICON POWDERS CARBON COATING
Apollon proposed that along with carbon coating their porous Silicon nanopowders they may use commercially accessible however costly (US$ 22,500 per Kg)1 nano silicon powders to judge the effectivity of various carbon coating processes. Utilizing powders with the identical attribute because the powders to be produced by HPQ NANO PUREVAP™ NANOSILICONREACTOR ought to cut back our R&D timeline and provides us helpful perception transferring ahead.
“Producing carbon coated nano silicon powders for testing this early within the course of is one other demonstration of the depth and suppleness of HPQ’s R&D consortium. HPQ isdedicatedtostaying on the forefront of Silicon for batteries R&D.This newest effort is a part of our plan to supply merchandise
for renewable power storage individualsand electrical car producers who proceed to seek for price efficient methods of accelerating the Silicon contained of their batteries.,”mentioned Bernard Tourillon, President and CEO HPQ Silicon.“Silicon’spotential to satisfy power storagedemand is simple,producinghuge investments,andsevere trade curiosity.We’re very assuredthat demand for the Silicon supplies wewillproduce,with ourlow-cost scalable course ofes,can be excessive demand by
batteries and EV producers
on this renewable power revolution.”
SILICON POTENTIALFORBATTERY ANODE MATERIALBECOMES MAINSTREAM
Tesla’s newest battery day presentation confirmed that the way forward for battery anodes will embrace Silicon. Tesla’s “…plans on eradicating graphite from the anode…”2,factors to the necessity for revolutionary silicon options which HPQ is targeted on, to make Silicon – based mostly anodes technically and economically possible for the manufacturing of extra environment friendly rechargeable Li-batteries.
Presently, Silicon is utilized in a blended type with graphite and usually solely represents round 5% by wt, which explains the restricted efficiency enhancements achieved up to now. The first hurdle to rising Silicon anode content material in Li-ion batteries is the mitigation of Silicon swelling and cracking throughout the lithiation part3 with a view to obtain a biking stability akin to graphite.
Ongoing R&D signifies that the 2 most promising avenues for resolving these points are:
- Nanosizing Silicon powders to get rid of cracking throughout the lithiation part.
- Encapsulating the Silicon with a view to enhance its swelling and cracking traits.
HPQ is within the forefront of addressing these points with the PUREVAP™ NSiR course of and our ongoing work on porous silicon nanopowders and carbon coating nano silicon.
About HPQ Silicon
HPQ Silicon Sources Inc. (TSX-V: HPQ) is a Canadian Modern Silicon Options Supplier.
Silicon (Si), often known as silicon steel, is one in all right now’s key strategic supplies wanted for the decarbonization of the financial system and the Renewable Vitality Revolution (“RER”).
Silicon is essentially the most considerable ingredient in earth’s crust however doesn’t exist in its pure state and should be extracted from quartz (SiO2) in what has traditionally been a capital and power intensive course of. HPQ is constructing a portfolio of silicon–based mostly merchandise utilizing revolutionary scalable processes. The goal goal is to supply excessive worth speciality Silicon merchandise utilizing applied sciences that may cut back power consumption, GHG’s, and carbon footprint.
Working with PyroGenesis Canada Inc.
(TSX-V: PYR), a high-tech firm that designs, develops, manufactures and commercializes plasma – based mostly processes, HPQ is growing:
- The PUREVAP™ “Quartz Discount Reactors” (QRR), an revolutionary course of (patent pending), which is able to allow the one step transformation of quartz (SiO2) into excessive purity silicon (Si) at diminished prices, power enter, and carbon footprint that may propagate its appreciable renewable power potential;• HPQ believes it is going to turn out to be the bottom price (Capex and Opex) producer of silicon (Si) and excessive purity silicon steel (3N – 4N Si);
- Via its 100% owned subsidiary HPQ NANO Silicon Powders Inc, the PUREVAP™ Nano Silicon Reactor(NSiR), a brand new proprietary course of that may use completely different purities of silicon (Si) as feedstock, to make spherical silicon nanopowders and nanowires.
• HPQ believes it will probably additionally turn out to be the bottom price producer of spherical Si nanopowders and silicon-based composites wanted by producers of next-generation lithium-ion batteries.
• Through the coming months, spherical Si nanopowders and nanowires silicon-based composite samples requested by trade individuals and analysis establishments’ can be produced utilizing PUREVAP™SiNR.
HPQ can be working with trade chief Apollon Photo voltaic of France to:
- Use their patented course of and develop a functionality to supply commercially porous silicon (Si) wafers and porous silicon (Si) powders.
• The collaboration will enable HPQ to turn out to be the bottom price producer of porous silicon wafers for all-solid -state batteries and porous silicon powders for Li-ion batteries.
• Develop the hydrogen technology potential of Silicon nanopowders to be used with the Gennao™ system.
• Commercialize, completely in Canada, and non-exclusive in the united statesA., the Gennao™ H2 system and the chemical powders required for the hydrolysis manufacturing of Hydrogen (“H2”).
This Information Launch is obtainable on the corporate’s CEO Verified Dialogue Discussion board, a moderated social media platform that allows civilized dialogue and Q&A between Administration and Shareholders.
The Company’s curiosity in growing the PUREVAP™ QRR and any projected capital or working price financial savings related to its improvement shouldn’t be construed as being associated to the establishing the financial viability or technical feasibility of any of the Firm’s Quartz Initiatives.
This press launch accommodates sure forward-looking statements, together with, with out limitation, statements containing the phrases “might”, “plan”, “will”, “estimate”, “proceed”, “anticipate”, “intend”, “count on”, “within the course of” and different related expressions which represent “forward-looking info” inside the that means of relevant securities legal guidelines. Ahead-lookingstatements replicate the Firm’s present expectation and assumptions and are topic to quite a few dangers and uncertainties that might trigger precise outcomes to vary materially from these anticipated. These forward-looking statements contain dangers and uncertainties together with, however not restricted to, our expectations relating to the acceptance of our merchandise by the market, our technique to develop new merchandise and improve the capabilities of current merchandise, our technique with respect to analysis and improvement, the influence of aggressive merchandise and pricing, new product improvement, and uncertainties associated to the regulatory approval course of. Such statements replicate the present views of the Firm with respect to future occasions and are topic to sure dangers and uncertainties and different dangers detailed from time-to-time within the Firm’s on-going filings with the safety’s regulatory authorities, which filings might be discovered at www.sedar.com. Precise outcomes, occasions, and efficiency might differ materially. Readers are cautioned to not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. The Firm undertakes no obligation to publicly replace or revise any forward-looking statements both because of new info, future occasions or in any other case, besides as required by relevant securities legal guidelines.
Neither the TSX Enterprise Change nor its Regulation Companies Supplier (as that time period is outlined within the insurance policies of the TSX Enterprise Change) accepts duty for the adequacy or accuracy of this launch.
For additional info contact
Bernard J. Tourillon, Chairman, President and CEO Tel (514) 907-1011
Patrick Levasseur, Vice-President and COO Tel: (514) 262-9239
http://www.hpqsilicon.com E mail: Data@hpqsilicon.com
1 Value paid by Apollon
2 NBCFM September 23, 2020 Analysis Flash
3 The incorporation of lithium into an electrode in a lithium-ion battery [LINK]
A photograph accompanying this announcement is obtainable at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/c09f5369-e54c-43d7-be84-fef906778191