Need to benefit from the solar and sea this 2021? Have a visit to the Bahamas. Apart from common visa necessities or entry, additionally, you will want a Well being Visa, straightforward to acquire. Learn our article to know the nation’s COVID Updates and if “is it protected to journey to the Bahamas now?”
Positioned within the South East of Florida, USA is an archipelagic nation with greater than 700 islands with 16 main ones. It’s a beautiful vacationer vacation spot the place you possibly can loosen up and benefit from the islands’ magnificence and the ocean. It has opened its borders as its financial system relies on tourism. Right here’s the state of affairs in case you wish to go.
Passengers and airline crew should have an accepted “Bahamas Journey Well being Visa” with a QR code from Bahamas’ official web site. This advisory was from IATA, printed December 12, 2020.
Earlier than going to the Bahamas, you could have a Well being Visa. Listed here are the steps to getting one.
STEP 1: Get hold of a unfavorable COVID-19 RT-PCR (Swab Check) no more than 5 days earlier than arriving within the Bahamas. Have it in tender copy to your utility and laborious copy to your arrival. Please be aware that if the outcomes are older than 5 days, you possibly can’t enter the Bahamas.
STEP 2: Go to this web site. Click on worldwide.
STEP 3: Create an account. Apart from the tender copy of your end result, additionally, you will have to add your Passport Bio-Web page.”
STEP 4: Apply to your journey, and don’t overlook to add your end result. Please be certain that the next are included:
- Title of Applicant (should match the identify used on the appliance type)
- Affirmation of a unfavorable end result
- Kind of take a look at – RT- PCR (not an antigen take a look at nor an antibody take a look at)
- The date the take a look at was administered (assortment date of the swab)
- Title and handle of the accredited lab the place the take a look at was carried out
Starting November 14, there shall be further insurance coverage that covers COVID-19 to your keep within the Bahamas. It’s included within the journey Well being Visa utility charge. Whole prices shall be depending on what number of days you might be staying.
- $40 (non-refundable) – Guests staying as much as 4 (4) nights and 5 (5) days – Consists of the price of Journey Well being Insurance coverage
- $60 (non-refundable) – Guests staying longer than 5 (5) nights and 6 (6) days – Consists of the price of Journey Well being Insurance coverage and a day 5 fast antigen take a look at
- Free – Kids ten (10) years and below (insurance coverage protection included)
STEP 5: Wait to your Well being Visa Utility to be processed. It will possibly take as much as 24 hours.
STEP 6: Verify your standing: Inexperienced is accepted, Yellow wants further evaluate, whereas Purple isn’t permitted. You have to current your affirmation once you arrive within the Bahamas.
Journey Restrictions for Filipinos
As per DFA, Filipinos are allowed to go away the Philippines to enter the Bahamas. Nonetheless, it’s topic to the next:
- Flight availability and different particular preparations of economic flights
- Vacation spot nation’s medical protocols on arriving and departing worldwide passengers.
Filipinos want a visa to journey to the Bahamas.
The best way to Fly to the Bahamas from the Philippines
There are not any direct flights from the Philippines to the Bahamas. Please be aware that flight availability is restricted and may change. There are restricted flights internationally, too. To go to the Bahamas from the Philippines, you’ll need to fly.
COVID-19 Instances within the Bahamas
The inhabitants of Bahamas is about 393,244 folks as per the Worldometers in 2020. As acknowledged on the WHO web site, confirmed instances (as of writing) with 7,871 with 170 deaths.
Tips for Vacationers
- Masks have to be worn when touring public locations or getting into or exiting eating places, or seashores (not required on the seaside)
- Bodily distancing is required.
- Please be aware that there could also be totally different curfews, protocols, or working hours per island.
- Verify the island vacation spot by this web site.
- Vacationers staying for longer than 4 nights or 5 days have to take a fast COVID-19 antigen take a look at. Outcomes may be given in lower than 60 minutes and be supplied by e-mail or SMS textual content message.
- Failure to abide by guidelines and laws might get the vacationer a $200 high quality or one-month imprisonment.
From the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention
Warning Degree 4, Degree 4: Very Excessive Degree of COVID-19 within the Bahamas
“Travelers ought to keep away from all journey to the Bahamas. Should you should journey, speak to your physician forward of journey, particularly if you’re at elevated threat for extreme sickness from COVID-19.”
From the US Journey.State.Gov
Degree 3, Rethink Journey
“Rethink journey to The Bahamas as a result of well being and security measures and COVID-related situations. Train warning in some areas of The Bahamas as a result of crime.”
From the UK Authorities
The FCDO advise in opposition to all however important journey to:
“The entire of Bahamas primarily based on the present evaluation of COVID-19 dangers.”
In case an individual reveals signs, they’re required to have a Fast Antigen Check. If it’s unfavorable, vacationers can proceed their trip; if it’s constructive, and RT-PCR swab take a look at is required. Additional testing or quarantine could also be required for many who examined constructive.
Emergency Numbers for COVID 19 within the Bahamas
For recommendation or medical care, you possibly can name 376-9350 (8 AM to eight PM), 376-9387 (8 PM to eight AM), and 376-9357.
Should you examined constructive, you could possibly contact CG Atlantic Medical & Life – 242-326-8191during 9:00 AM to five:00 PM or 800-423-9130 on weekends or nights. They’re the journey insurance coverage firm included within the Well being Visa.
So Is It Protected To Journey To The Bahamas now?
I can’t provide you with an accurate or mistaken reply for that. Keep in mind that there’s already a vaccine accessible in some international locations, and there’s additionally a brand new variant of COVID-19. Nonetheless, the choice of whether or not your journey plans will push by or be canceled lies with you. I hope this text helps you resolve if you wish to go to the Bahamas now or later.
Concerning the Author
Hey, I’m Lyza! I as soon as was an individual who simply imagined going to locations “someday” however determined to pursue my desires. My first journey overseas was in Japan, solo, final 2018, and I fell in love with the expertise. I goal to go to 10 international locations earlier than turning 30 and a pair of new locations within the Philippines yearly. Apart from touring, I like organizing journeys, pictures, studying, and making new pals. Comply with my adventures by my Instagram.