Wish to benefit from the solar and sea this 2021? Have a visit to the Bahamas. In addition to common visa necessities or entry, additionally, you will want a Well being Visa, simple to acquire. Learn our article to know the nation’s COVID Updates and if “is it protected to journey to the Bahamas now?”
Positioned within the South East of Florida, USA is an archipelagic nation with greater than 700 islands with 16 main ones. It’s a stunning vacationer vacation spot the place you possibly can chill out and benefit from the islands’ magnificence and the ocean. It has opened its borders as its financial system depends on tourism. Right here’s the state of affairs in case you wish to go.
Passengers and airline crew should have an accepted “Bahamas Journey Well being Visa” with a QR code from Bahamas’ official web site. This advisory was from IATA, printed December 12, 2020.
Earlier than going to the Bahamas, you should have a Well being Visa. Listed here are the steps to getting one.
STEP 1: Get hold of a detrimental COVID-19 RT-PCR (Swab Check) no more than 5 days earlier than arriving within the Bahamas. Have it in gentle copy in your utility and onerous copy in your arrival. Please word that if the outcomes are older than 5 days, you possibly can’t enter the Bahamas.
STEP 2: Go to this web site. Click on worldwide.
STEP 3: Create an account. Except for the gentle copy of your end result, additionally, you will have to add your Passport Bio-Web page.”
STEP 4: Apply in your journey, and don’t neglect to add your end result. Please be sure that the next are included:
- Identify of Applicant (should match the title used on the applying kind)
- Affirmation of a detrimental end result
- Kind of take a look at – RT- PCR (not an antigen take a look at nor an antibody take a look at)
- The date the take a look at was administered (assortment date of the swab)
- Identify and deal with of the accredited lab the place the take a look at was carried out
Starting November 14, there shall be extra insurance coverage that covers COVID-19 in your keep within the Bahamas. It’s included within the journey Well being Visa utility charge. Complete prices shall be depending on what number of days you might be staying.
- $40 (non-refundable) – Guests staying as much as 4 (4) nights and 5 (5) days – Contains the price of Journey Well being Insurance coverage
- $60 (non-refundable) – Guests staying longer than 5 (5) nights and 6 (6) days – Contains the price of Journey Well being Insurance coverage and a day 5 speedy antigen take a look at
- Free – Kids ten (10) years and underneath (insurance coverage protection included)
STEP 5: Wait in your Well being Visa Utility to be processed. It could actually take as much as 24 hours.
STEP 6: Test your standing: Inexperienced is accepted, Yellow wants extra overview, whereas Pink shouldn’t be permitted. You could current your affirmation if you arrive within the Bahamas.
Journey Restrictions for Filipinos
As per DFA, Filipinos are allowed to go away the Philippines to enter the Bahamas. Nevertheless, it’s topic to the next:
- Flight availability and different particular preparations of economic flights
- Vacation spot nation’s medical protocols on arriving and departing worldwide passengers.
Filipinos want a visa to journey to the Bahamas.
The right way to Fly to the Bahamas from the Philippines
There are not any direct flights from the Philippines to the Bahamas. Please word that flight availability is restricted and would possibly change. There are restricted flights internationally, too. To go to the Bahamas from the Philippines, you will want to fly.
COVID-19 Circumstances within the Bahamas
The inhabitants of Bahamas is about 393,244 individuals as per the Worldometers in 2020. As said on the WHO web site, confirmed circumstances (as of writing) with 7,871 with 170 deaths.
Pointers for Vacationers
- Masks should be worn when touring public locations or getting into or exiting eating places, or seashores (not required on the seashore)
- Bodily distancing is required.
- Please word that there could also be completely different curfews, protocols, or working hours per island.
- Test the island vacation spot by means of this web site.
- Vacationers staying for longer than 4 nights or 5 days have to take a speedy COVID-19 antigen take a look at. Outcomes will be given in lower than 60 minutes and be offered by means of e-mail or SMS textual content message.
- Failure to abide by guidelines and rules might get the vacationer a $200 wonderful or one-month imprisonment.
From the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention
Warning Stage 4, Stage 4: Very Excessive Stage of COVID-19 within the Bahamas
“Travelers ought to keep away from all journey to the Bahamas. If you happen to should journey, discuss to your physician forward of journey, particularly if you’re at elevated danger for extreme sickness from COVID-19.”
From the US Journey.State.Gov
Stage 3, Rethink Journey
“Rethink journey to The Bahamas resulting from well being and security measures and COVID-related circumstances. Train warning in some areas of The Bahamas resulting from crime.”
From the UK Authorities
The FCDO advise in opposition to all however important journey to:
“The entire of Bahamas based mostly on the present evaluation of COVID-19 dangers.”
In case an individual reveals signs, they’re required to have a Fast Antigen Check. If it’s detrimental, vacationers can proceed their trip; if it’s optimistic, and RT-PCR swab take a look at is required. Additional testing or quarantine could also be required for many who examined optimistic.
Emergency Numbers for COVID 19 within the Bahamas
For recommendation or medical care, you possibly can name 376-9350 (8 AM to eight PM), 376-9387 (8 PM to eight AM), and 376-9357.
If you happen to examined optimistic, you would contact CG Atlantic Medical & Life – 242-326-8191during 9:00 AM to five:00 PM or 800-423-9130 on weekends or nights. They’re the journey insurance coverage firm included within the Well being Visa.
So Is It Secure To Journey To The Bahamas now?
I can’t offer you an accurate or improper reply for that. Keep in mind that there’s already a vaccine obtainable in some nations, and there’s additionally a brand new variant of COVID-19. Nevertheless, the choice of whether or not your journey plans will push by means of or be canceled lies with you. I hope this text helps you resolve if you wish to go to the Bahamas now or later.
Concerning the Author
Hey, I’m Lyza! I as soon as was an individual who simply imagined going to locations “at some point” however determined to pursue my desires. My first journey overseas was in Japan, solo, final 2018, and I fell in love with the expertise. I goal to go to 10 nations earlier than turning 30 and a pair of new locations within the Philippines yearly. In addition to touring, I like organizing journeys, images, studying, and making new buddies. Observe my adventures by means of my Instagram.