I by no means would have considered a salmon quiche if it wasn’t for my mom who used to make it pretty commonly when the household lived in France. It’s a scrumptious quiche, a lot lighter than the unique quiche lorraine, however nonetheless substantial sufficient (with the salmon) to be very satisfying as a meal. The salmon is poached or steamed (I like steaming) and the leeks are stir-fried in butter or a lightweight olive oil. I added a contact of curry to the batter and a few chopped recent dill I had rising in a pot on the balcony. I additionally added slightly little bit of shredded gruyère so as to add that tacky salty taste. I made the crust from scratch as a result of it takes no time, is simple and makes a world of distinction (in my humble opinion).
Mediterranean, Center Japanese
February 19, 2021
Foremost Dish, Savory Pastries, Eggs/Dairy/Cheese, Fish/Seafood,
French, savory pies, quiche, leeks, salmon,
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook dinner Time: half-hour
2 1/2 cups (kind of) all-purpose flour
1 tsp sea salt or some other salt
1 tsp sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter, lower into small cube (stored chilly)
2 tsp white or rice or apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
1/2 cup ice water (kind of)
6 giant eggs (highest quality attainable)
1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 lb wild salmon slab
3 leeks, chopped and soaked in water to rid them of any dust, then drained properly
1/3 cup oil or clarified butter or salted butter
salt, pepper, to style
2 tsps curry (optionally available, to style) or any spice of your liking
1 Tbsp recent dill, chopped (can add extra)(optionally available)
1 cup finely shredded gruyere
- Place flour, and different dry components in bowl and blend; add the cut-up butter and blend with the information of your fingers till the combination seems to be sandy; add the water and vinegar step by step, mixing as you go, till the combination holds collectively and is moist and compact. Collect the dough right into a ball and slap it round firmly on the counter a couple of instances. Form right into a disk, wrap in plastic and put aside within the fridge for about half-hour.
- Place the salmon steak on a rack inside a pot full of 1 or 2 inches of water. Cowl and steam the salmon for about 7 minutes. Put aside and permit the residual warmth to proceed cooking the salmon. Right here you will need to regulate the salmon to verify it doesn’t overcook and dry out. Uncover the pot and funky. When cool sufficient, shred it and look ahead to any fish bones. Take away all fish bones and pores and skin in addition to any ugly fats tissue and discard.
- Fry the chopped leeks in butter or oil or a combo of the 2 till softened; cowl the skillet a couple of minutes to proceed cooking after which uncover to cut back any gathered liquid. The leeks must be completely cooked, smooth and silky. Season to style, including the curry or some other spice to your liking.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Convey the pastry dough to room temperature for a couple of minutes (or within the microwave for 30 seconds) and begin rolling it out on a floured counter. Grease and flour the pie pan, and line with a parchment paper liner. Minimize the dough to suit the pan, including 3 inches throughout for the sides. Match the dough onto the pan, and prick it throughout. Line it with one other paper circle and pour a pair cups of dry beans on the paper to carry the crust in place. Bake the tart for about half-hour, till the crust is gentle golden and completely dry.
- In a bowl, place the eggs, cream, salmon, leeks, cheese and seasoning. Combine to mix and pour onto the tart. Bake for half-hour or so till the quiche is puffy and really feel agency. Switch to the counter and serve heat.
Hey! All images and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our images with out prior written permission. Should you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your individual distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to the supply recipe right here on tasteofbeirut.com. Thanks!